Thursday, June 18, 2009

Focus

Throughout my adventures of trying to understand my vision of photography, I’ve always been very caught up in the technical side of making images. You know, the things that make an image “correct”. Well, I decided I needed to forget about making images with this… this need for them to be technically “correct”. At least that’s the best way I can describe it.


So over the last couple/few weeks, I started looking for different elements in my images. I started looking more for colors, shapes or what ever and not being so worried about sharpness or the ideal exposure, etc. I’ve played with inducing lens flare, which I always tried to avoid in the past. Also, recently I’ve taken very wide open (f1.8-2.8) and out of focus shots, just looking for some rough abstract vibe. You know real loose and wacky, but still sort of calculated stuff.


Well I feel like I’ve had success with looking at things a little differently and I plan on continuing to see where this idea leads... Anyway, here are some examples of what I’m getting at.


(click on images for larger version)



flared flowers




cool studio




flared hammock




boat rope




late night lake bokeh